A hug-in-a-bowl with this chicken zoodle soup recipe. Using zucchini noodles instead of pasta makes this a low-carb, Keto-friendly soup ready in minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 medium-sized zucchini, spiralized
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Fresh parsley leaves, chopped for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, and carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until tender. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Stir in minced garlic and rosemary. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and add bay leaves and chicken breasts; Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove and shred.
- Stir in zucchini noodles and chicken; reduce heat to a simmer and cook until zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with rosemary, lemon slices, and parsley.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Method: stove top
Keywords: zoodles, chicken soup, chicken zoodle soup, zucchini noodles, low carb, keto soup, chicken soup