An easy and delicious appetizer to share with your guests. Garlic bread meets bruschetta and is grilled to perfection.
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or put through a garlic press
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/2 inch thick on the diagonal
- 10 oz grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 fresh basil leaves, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- shredded parmesan, for serving
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, garlic, freshly cracked black pepper, and dried parsley. If using unsalted butter add ½ teaspoon salt.
- Smear each baguette slice with garlic butter and place them on a plate.
- Heat a gas grill to medium.
- When the grill is ready, place bread slices onto the grill. Grill the bread, turning once and watching carefully; about 3-5 minutes.
- Bruschetta topping: In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil leaves, and salt.
- Top each garlic toast with a spoonful of the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan. Serve!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: bruschetta, easy appetizer, garlic bread, grilled appetizer