Honey Mustard Chicken Salad is the perfect Spring and Summer salad. Creamy avocado and crispy bacon add so much flavor. Make it tonight!
FOR THE SALAD
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 bacon slices
- 1 ½ cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed
- 1 cup arugula, washed
- ½ cup sliced grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 large avocado, pitted and sliced
HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING AND MARINADE
- ½ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons whole grain/stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Whisk the honey mustard dressing ingredients together to combine. Pour half of the honey mustard dressing into a shallow dish to marinate the chicken breasts for at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours. Take the remaining dressing and refrigerate it until ready to use.
- Bake the chicken and the bacon at the same time! Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and place them on a sheet pan.
- Add the bacon strips to another sheet pan.
- Place them in the oven and bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes, or until an internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, and the bacon for 15-20 minutes.
- When the bacon is crispy, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before crumbling.
- When the chicken is finished, remove it from the oven and slice it into strips. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Prepare the salads: Take serving plates or bowls and add the romaine lettuce and arugula. Add the sliced chicken breasts on top, followed by the crumbled bacon, tomatoes, and avocado slices. Take the remaining dressing and drizzle it on top of the salad.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Additional Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Salad