- 4 (6oz) filet mignons
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- Splash of Sherry
- 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles, reserve 1/2 cup for topping the steaks with
1. Let your steaks rest on the counter 20 minutes before you cook them.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper (to your liking).
4. Heat your pan on the stove over medium-high heat.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil
6. Once your pan is hot, add the steaks and cook, without moving for 2-3 minutes. Turn over and cook an additional 2-3 minutes
7. Place the steaks in the oven for about 10 minutes (depending on how you like it cooked). Check them with the meat thermometer inserted into the side of the steak.
8. Thermometer should read 125° F for Medium Rare, or 130° F for medium.
9. Remove the steaks and let them rest for 10 minutes before serving
For The Sauce
1. Melt ½ stick of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add your shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, fresh or dried tarragon/thyme, little salt and pepper and sherry. Stir together.
4. Turn off the heat and add your blue cheese crumbles. Stir until it’s melted and the sauce is thick and creamy. Add more salt, pepper or Worcestershire sauce to your liking.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: steak, keto, low carb, dinner, glycemic, main course, keto dinner, keto meal