This post may contain affiliate links. See our discloure policy.
Our margarita with limeade is a skinny margarita that’s fresh & flavorful but light on calories. Bid adieu to artificial margarita mixes once you savor this amazingly simple and authentic concoction. Plus, it’s gluten-free!
If you’re like me, you appreciate a well-crafted margarita that doesn’t drown your taste buds in excessive sweetness. Instead, we opt for the pure essence of the drink by combining fresh ingredients and shaking them in a cocktail shaker. The result is a refreshing elixir that tantalizes the senses and quenches your thirst. Picture it being poured into a glass rimmed with salt and filled to the brim with ice, embodying the perfect harmony of flavors.
This skinny margarita is the epitome of summer bliss, particularly on those scorching hot days spent in the company of friends. Its invigorating and light character provides a delightful companion to laughter and good conversation. Sip by sip, you’ll relish the natural and genuine taste that can only come from the careful combination of quality ingredients.
Table of Contents
With just 4-5 ingredients and less than 5 minutes, you have a low-calorie, low-carb drink to enjoy after work, with dinner, or at a party!
- High-quality vodka or tequila: Opt for a premium vodka or tequila to ensure a smooth and refined taste. Since this recipe doesn’t rely on masking the flavor with sugar, using a high-quality spirit becomes even more important as it will shine through in the final drink.
- Sparkling water (flavor of your choice): Choose your favorite flavor of sparkling water to add a bubbly and refreshing element to the margarita. Whether you prefer classic unflavored sparkling water or enjoy the added twist of fruit or herbal infusions, select a variety that complements your taste preferences.
- Lime: Squeeze half of a lime into the glass to infuse your margarita with a vibrant and zesty citrus flavor. The freshly squeezed lime juice adds a tangy and refreshing element to the drink, balancing the sweetness of the limeade concentrate.
- Frozen limeade concentrate: Incorporate 1 to 2 tablespoons of frozen or thawed limeade concentrate to add a concentrated burst of tangy sweetness. The limeade concentrate provides a balanced sweetness that pairs well with the tartness of the lime, resulting in a well-rounded and authentic limeade flavor throughout the margarita.
- Optional: Margarita salt for rimming the glass: If desired, you can enhance the presentation and add a touch of saltiness to each sip by rimming the glass with margarita salt. Simply moisten the rim of the glass with a lime wedge and dip it into a small plate of margarita salt. This step creates a salted rim that adds a delightful contrast to the citrusy flavors of the margarita.
How To Make
Pro Tip: To easily salt the glass, fill a wide shallow bowl with water, dip the glass into the water, then give it a twist in the margarita salt.
To make a refreshing margarita with limeade, start by filling a glass with ice to create a chilled base.
Then, add 1 ounce of either vodka or tequila, depending on your preference and desired strength. Next, incorporate 1 to 2 tablespoons of frozen or thawed limeade concentrate, which will provide a tangy and citrusy flavor.
For an extra burst of lime, squeeze a fresh lime into the glass, ensuring that its zesty essence infuses the drink. To add a sparkling touch, slowly pour sparkling water into the glass, allowing the bubbles to mingle with the other ingredients.
Gently stir the mixture to ensure all the flavors are combined. Finally, garnish your margarita with a slice of lime for a visually appealing touch and take pleasure in sipping on this delightful concoction. Cheers!
Pro Tip: 1 oz. of liquor is 2 tbsp. Save dishes and reuse the tablespoon you already have out.
- This version is not sweet at all, it’s all about lime, tequila, and more lime. If you prefer to add a bit of sweetness, add a touch of simple syrup.
- Swap out the limeade for lemonade or orange juice for a different flavor
- Add fresh fruit such as strawberries or blueberries, for more of a flavor punch, mash them before adding
Tips and Tricks
- Use freshly squeezed lime juice: While the recipe calls for squeezing half a lime directly into the glass, using freshly squeezed lime juice instead can elevate the flavor even further. Squeeze the juice of a whole lime and strain it before adding it to the margarita. This will provide a vibrant and authentic lime taste.
- Adjust the sweetness: The sweetness of the margarita can be adjusted to your liking by varying the amount of frozen limeade concentrate. Start with 1 tablespoon and taste the mixture before adding more. You can also use a sweeter or less sweet variety of limeade concentrate depending on your preference.
- Shake or stir well: After adding all the ingredients to the glass, make sure to give it a good shake or stir to ensure that everything is thoroughly mixed. This will help distribute the flavors evenly and ensure a consistent taste throughout the drink.
- Chill your glass: For an extra touch of sophistication, chill your glassware in the freezer before preparing the margarita. A chilled glass will help keep the drink colder for longer, enhancing the overall experience.
- Get creative with garnishes: While the recipe suggests garnishing with a slice of lime, feel free to get creative with additional garnishes. You can add a sprig of fresh mint, a wheel of lemon or orange, or even a few berries to add visual appeal and aromatic notes to your margarita.
Remember, making a great margarita is all about finding the right balance of flavors to suit your taste. Feel free to experiment with the ratios and ingredients until you achieve the perfect margarita with limeade that you love. Enjoy your drink responsibly!
This margarita is considered “skinny” because it is made without the use of sugary margarita mixes. Instead, it relies on fresh ingredients such as lime juice, limeade concentrate, and high-quality liquor, resulting in a lighter and less calorie-dense cocktail option.
Yes, this margarita recipe is gluten-free. It does not contain any gluten-containing ingredients, making it suitable for individuals with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.
Absolutely! The sweetness of the margarita can be adjusted to your personal preference. Start with the recommended amount of limeade concentrate (1-2 tablespoons), and then taste the mixture. If you prefer a sweeter margarita, you can add more limeade concentrate. If you prefer a less sweet version, reduce the amount or dilute it with a bit of sparkling water.
Absolutely! While the recipe suggests garnishing with a slice of lime, you can get creative with additional garnishes. Consider adding a sprig of fresh mint, a wheel of lemon or orange, or even a few berries to elevate the visual appeal and aroma of your margarita.
Certainly! The recipe can be easily scaled up to make a larger batch of margaritas. Simply adjust the quantities of the ingredients accordingly, maintaining the same ratios, to ensure a consistent and well-balanced flavor in each serving.
More Skinny Margarita Recipes
- For a sweeter version try: Skinny Margarita with Agave and Lime
- For a spicy twist try: Skinny Jalapeno Margarita
- For a fruity-flavored margarita try: Skinny Blueberry Margarita
Recipes to serve with margaritas
- Mexican Shrimp Ceviche
- Crunchwrap Supreme
- Baked Fish Tacos
- Taco Cups
- Garlic Bread Bruschetta
- Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
Margarita With Limeade
- 1 ounce liquor of choice such as high-quality Tequila or Vodka
- 1-2 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate
- 1/2 large lime
- 4 ounces sparkling water
- margarita salt optional
- Rim the glass with salt. Wet the top of your glass with water, then dip into margarita salt if using.
- Combine the ingredients. Fill your glass with ice. Add the vodka or tequila and 1-2 tablespoons limeade. Squeeze the lime into the glass then slowly add sparkling water. Gently stir.
- Serve. Garnish with a slice of lime.