Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Sauce is tender and juicy filet mignon that’s seared to perfection and topped with a rich and flavorful blue cheese sauce that will leave your guests impressed. It’s a recipe that’s sure to make you feel like a gourmet chef, even if you’re a novice in the kitchen.
So why not try something new and exciting for dinner tonight? With this Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Sauce recipe, you’ll be able to enjoy a delicious and sophisticated meal without ever leaving the comfort of your own home. Give it a try and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills!
Step 1: Prepare your ingredients. Bring your stick of butter and filet mignon to room temperature or 20-30 minutes before you begin cooking.
How To Make The Blue Cheese Sauce
Melt a 1/2 stick of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, dried herbs, salt and pepper and sherry. Stir together. Then, you will turn off the burner and add the blue cheese. Stir until melted.
How divine does that sauce look? It’s the perfect Keto dinner. Serve this with asparagus because that is what we had in the refrigerator, but this would also go really well with garlic cauliflower mashed or grilled zucchini as well.
You May Also Enjoy
Filet Mignon With Blue Cheese Sauce
- 4 (6) ounce filet mignons
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 4 ounces unsalted butter softened
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sherry
- 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles, divided
- Prep the steak and preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Let your steaks rest on the counter for at least 20 minutes before you cook them. Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper.
- Sear the steak. Heat a skillet with the olive oil over medium-high heat. Once your pan is hot, add the steaks and cook, without moving for 2-3 minutes. Turn over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Bake. Place the steaks in the oven for about 10 minutes (depending on how you like them cooked). Check for doneness with the meat thermometer inserted into the side of the steak. The thermometer should read 125° F for medium rare, or 130° F for medium. Remove the steaks and let them rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Prep the sauce. While the steaks are baking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, tarragon, thyme, salt, pepper, and sherry. Stir together. Turn off the heat and add the blue cheese crumbles. Stir until the blue cheese is melted and the sauce is thick and creamy. Add more salt, pepper, or Worcestershire sauce if needed.
- Serve. Serve the fillet mignon topped with blue cheese sauce and additional blue cheese crumbles.
If you make this recipe or any of my others, we would love to hear your thoughts. You can find us on Facebook and Pinterest!
Carri Salvaggio says
The https://thedecorspot.com website is one of the best we have found, and the Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Shallot Cream Sauce article is very well written and
Thanks and kisses! 🙂
This was awesome we had one person that didnt like blue cheese so I put it on steaks before sauce worked really well.
Samantha Shue says
Stacy – I’m so glad to hear you loved it! Thank you for the comment. 🙂
Is the Sherry sweet or dry…
Samantha Shue says
Hi Claudia – you will use a dry sherry cooking wine. Thanks!
Very delicious recipe. Thank you!