Instant Pot Frittata is a delicious and easy breakfast or brunch option that’s packed with protein and flavor. This frittata recipe made with goat cheese and bacon is perfect for anyone who wants to start their day off right with a filling and tasty meal.
With the convenience of the Instant Pot, this frittata can be made quickly and effortlessly, so it’s even great for busy mornings. Fluffy and filling, this frittata recipe will be one you make for your family every weekend.
Easy breakfasts are so helpful when you seem to have a lot of busy mornings. But I know you don’t always want to serve a bowl of cereal. Serving healthy and filling breakfasts doesn’t have to be hard. If you want a make-ahead option, try these freezer breakfast wraps that can be easily reheated in the microwave in minutes. And these sheet pan eggs cook while you’re doing other things, saving you so much time in the kitchen.
What is a frittata?
A frittata is an Italian-style dish that’s similar to an omelet. It typically includes beaten eggs mixed with various ingredients like meats, cheeses, and vegetables. It’s a hearty, flavorful, and nutritious meal that is typically served for breakfast or brunch, but can also be served for lunch or a light dinner.
What You’ll Love About Our Egg Frittata
- Quick and easy: With the Instant Pot’s magic, this frittata comes together in no time, so it’s perfect for lazy Sundays or busy mornings.
- Fancy and impressive: The combination of bacon, goat cheese, and fresh veggies makes this look fancy so it’s suitable to serve guests.
- Customizable: Don’t have some of the ingredients on hand? No problem! You can make plenty of substitutions for ingredients in this recipe.
- Cooked bacon – You can use turkey bacon or vegetarian bacon for a healthier option.
- Half and Half – For a dairy-free alternative, use coconut milk or almond milk creamer, but use a bit less as substitutes tend to be thinner than half and half.
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Bell Pepper – If you don’t have red bell pepper, green or yellow bell peppers will work just as well.
- Asparagus – Substitute asparagus with spinach or broccoli, or omit altogether if you’ve got some picky eaters in your house.
- Goat Cheese – Feta, cotija, or shredded cheddar cheese can be used instead of goat cheese.
- Dill – If you don’t have dill, try fresh parsley or chives.
- Avocado – You can top the frittata with guacamole, sliced tomatoes, or a dollop of sour cream if you’re not a fan of plain avocado.
How to Make Instant Pot Frittata
STEP ONE; Prep the Instant Pot and pan. Add 2 cups of water to your Instant Pot. Spray the Instant Pot insert pan with nonstick cooking spray.
STEP TWO: Prep the frittata. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, half & half, salt, and pepper. Stir in the bacon, red bell pepper and asparagus. Add the crumbled goat cheese and gently stir.
STEP THREE: Place the frittata into the instant pot. Pour the egg mixture into your prepared pan and cover it with foil. Place the container carefully onto the Instant Pot trivet. Using the handles on the trivet, lower it into the Instant Pot. Secure the lid and set the valve to sealing.
STEP FOUR: Cook. Select high pressure and set the cooking time to 25 minutes. When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn the valve to venting to release any remaining steam. Using oven mitts, remove the trivet from the instant pot.
STEP FIVE: Serve. Let the frittata cool a little before slicing. Serve with sliced avocado and dill.
What can I serve with an egg frittata recipe?
Many frittatas are filling on their own, but if you want to serve it along with a larger meal, try classic breakfast options like fresh fruit, bacon or sausage, toast, and fried potatoes.
For lunch or dinner, serve with a fresh salad and a slice of crusty bread.
Tips and Recipe Notes
- Whisk the eggs well before you add the filling ingredients. It will make your frittata lighter and fluffier. You can even use an immersion blender to whip them very well if you want.
- Gently stir in the ingredients to keep the texture light and fluffy.
- Allow the frittata to cool slightly before you slice it. It comes out of the pan much cleaner this way.
- Make sure to spray the Instant Pot insert pan with nonstick cooking spray, or your frittata will stick.
Yes you can! I recommend using lean meats and draining away as much oil as possible before adding them to the eggs so your frittata isn’t oily.
Yes, milk can be used as a substitute for half and half, though the result may be slightly less creamy.
Fresh vegetables work best for this recipe, but you can use thawed and drained frozen veggies if that’s what you have on hand. Remove as much of the moisture as possible.
Yes, this recipe is naturally gluten-free, but always check your own ingredients to be sure. To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the cream for a dairy-free milk and use a diary-free cheese substitute.
How to Store Leftovers
To store leftover frittata, let it cool to room temperature and then transfer it to an airtight container or Ziploc bag. Place it in the fridge. It will stay fresh for up to 3-4 days.
Can I freeze leftover frittata?
Yes, you can freeze the frittata if you won’t use it up in a few days. Wrap individual slices tightly with plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container. It will keep well for up to 2-3 months and make for quick
How to Reheat
To reheat a frittata, you can use the microwave as a quick option. Reheat in 30-second increments until hot through. You can warm it up in the oven at 350°F until heated through, about 5-10 minutes.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Absolutely! You can prepare the frittata ahead of time, let it cool, and store it in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, just reheat it following the instructions above.
Instant Pot Frittata Recipe
- 5 slices bacon cooked and diced
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ¾ cup asparagus diced
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- dill for serving
- 1 avocado sliced for serving
- Prep the instant pot and pan. Add 2 cups of water to your Instant Pot. Spray the instant pot insert pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prep the frittata. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, half & half, salt, and pepper. Stir in the bacon, red bell pepper and asparagus. Add the crumbled goat cheese and gently stir.
- Place the frittata into the instant pot. Pour the egg mixture into your prepared pan and cover it with foil. Place the container carefully onto the instant pot trivet. Using the handles on the trivet, lower it into the Instant Pot. Secure the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Cook. Select high pressure and set the cooking time to 25 minutes. When the time is up let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes turn the valve to venting to release any remaining steam. Using oven mitts, remove the trivet from the instant pot.
- Serve. Let the frittata cool a little before slicing. Serve with sliced avocado and dill.