I can’t take credit for this recipe. I purchased the new Magnolia Table Volume 2 Cookbook the other day and decided to test out Joanna Gaines Creamy Chicken Poblano Soup recipe! This recipe is incredible and was a hit with my entire family.
It’s almost Fall and I don’t know about you, but I’m getting ready for home cooking, pumpkin spice lattes, soups, crockpot recipes, and football. One of my favorite soup recipes is in Joanna Gaines Magnolia Table Volume 2 Cookbook. Do you have her new cookbook? Have you tried any other recipes from it? Share in the comments if you have, I’d love to hear from you.
Ingredients For Creamy Chicken Poblano Soup
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large white onion
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium poblano peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 raw boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips and sliced radishes, for garnish
Instructions For Creamy Chicken Poblano Soup
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add chopped onions, celery, carrots, garlic, and poblanos, saute until tender, about 15 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, cumin, and thyme. Saute 5 minutes longer.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, add raw chicken. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the cooked chicken to a plate and shred. Set aside.
- Add heavy cream to the soup pot, stir until blended.
- Use an immersion blender to carefully blend the soup until smooth. (You may use a blender instead, but working in small batches. Blend the soup until smooth).
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pot. Stir in cilantro. Let simmer for an additional 10 minutes to bring the flavors together.
- Serve with tortilla strips, sliced radishes, and cilantro.
Note: this will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or you can freeze for 1 month.
Did you enjoy making Joanna Gaines Creamy Chicken Poblano Soup? You might like these recipes:
- Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore Freezer Meal
- Slow Cooker Vegan Bolognese with Red Wine
- Crockpot Crispy Pork Ramen