We can all agree that chicken noodle soup is a classic, soul-warming soup that makes you feel good. What if I told you that by swapping the pasta noodles with zucchini noodles, you wouldn’t lose any of the soul-warming flavors that you know and love? My chicken zoodle soup is so easy to make and it’s a hug in a bowl. Let’s make it!
- Olive oil
- Yellow onion
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Fresh rosemary
- Chicken broth
- Bay leaves
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Lemon juice
- Fresh parsley leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, and carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until tender. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Stir in minced garlic and rosemary. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and add bay leaves and chicken breasts; Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove and shred.
- Stir in zucchini noodles and chicken; reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chicken zoodle soup immediately, garnished with rosemary, lemon slices, and parsley.
- Pro tip: easily shred your cooked chicken in a KitchenAid stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- You can use cooked chicken in this chicken zoodle recipe. Add it to the soup when you add the zucchini noodles.
- Shredded cabbage is also a great substitute if you don’t want to use zucchini noodles.
- Leftovers will store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Optional add-ins: ground turmeric, fresh minced ginger, orzo, thyme, thin rice noodles, chickpeas, and lentils.
- Prep ahead: spiralize the zucchini and chop the vegetables up to 2 days in advance. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
Craving more soup recipes? Give these a try:
- Medicine Ball Chicken Soup
- Creamy Chicken Poblano Soup
- Dairy Free Creamy Chicken Soup
- Red Lentil Chili (30-minute meal)