If you think you can only go to a restaurant to get a crispy, pan seared salmon – think again! This salmon recipe will blow you away. It cooks in under 10 minutes and is served with a mouthwatering white wine lemon tarragon sauce. Restaurant quality dinner made in the comfort of your home.
- Salmon filets
- Seasoning – kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper, paprika
- Olive oil
- White wine
- Cold salted butter
- Lemon juice
- Fresh tarragon
- Take a paper towel and pat the top of the salmon.
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings. Sprinkle the mixture on both sides of the salmon.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add salmon to the skillet and cook for 4 minutes on each side (depending on thickness). You might need to cook the salmon in batches depending on how big your skillet is.
LEMON BUTTER TARRAGON SAUCE
In a small saucepan, bring white wine (or chicken broth) and shallots to a boil. Boil until the wine reduces to approximately 2 tablespoons (about 2-3 minutes). Remove from heat and whisk in cold butter until incorporated. Stir in the lemon juice and fresh tarragon. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Spoon the sauce over the salmon before serving.
- Try adding this sauce to chicken, steak, asparagus, and other fish. It’s delicious!
- Use a stainless steel pan to cook the salmon. It will give it that perfect crust you are looking for.
- Do not try to flip the salmon early, if it’s still sticking to the pan that means it’s not ready to be flipped yet.
- Adding cold butter to the sauce at the end will prevent the sauce from breaking. Add the butter one cube at a time until it incorporates together into a smooth sauce.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Looking for more recipes? Give these a try:
- Ground Chicken Lettuce Cups
- Pesto Salmon Salad
- Grilled Blackened Chicken Salad
- Honey Mustard Chicken Salad