If you make anything this weekend – let it be this Mediterranean layered dip! It is the most amazing dip I’ve ever made and I’m finally sharing the recipe with you. This dip pairs well with chicken kabobs and a glass of white wine. This dip recipe is inspired by some Greek dips I saw online, but I went and added my own flare to it. Let’s make it!
- Store-bought hummus (I used Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus)
- Plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- English cucumber
- Cherry tomatoes
- Giardiniera (oil included) – optional – but this is how I put my own spin on this recipe!
- Kalamata olives – go to the olive bar at your local grocery store!
- Feta cheese
- Fresh dill – It’s a must!
- Take a shallow serving platter and spread the entire tub of hummus on top. Smooth it out.
- Take a small bowl and mix the Greek yogurt, garlic powder, and salt. You can mince 2 cloves of garlic if you prefer.
- Dollop the yogurt mixture on top of the hummus, leaving a border of the hummus showing through.
- Sprinkle the English cucumber and chopped tomatoes on top.
- Spoon the Giardiniera evenly over cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the kalamata olives, and crumbled feta cheese over the top of the Giardiniera.
- Garnish with lots of fresh chopped dill.
- Serve immediately with pita bread, crackers, and vegetable slices.
- This is best served immediately.
- Leftover dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- You can also serve the dip and kabobs over rice.
- The Giardiniera is optional, but if you choose not to include it, please drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top of the dip before serving.