Looking for the perfect low-carb snack that tastes just like your favorite salt and vinegar potato chips? Look no further than this low-carb air fryer recipe with salt and vinegar zucchini chips! They are packed with goodness and you can feel guilt-free eating them or serving them to your kids.
When I was pregnant with my son, I had gestational diabetes and was put on a strict low-carb diet. Not going to lie, it wasn’t fun, but I came up with some creative ways to still eat what I was craving. One of my cravings was salty potato chips, carbs, and more carbs. I remember when I first went through a sugar detox after being diagnosed and my husband and I were talking through Hobby Lobby and I had the sudden urge to want to eat a ton of pixy sticks! HAHA, so you remember those? Basically flavored sugar. It’s crazy what sugar withdrawals can do to your body.
Luckily, there are yummy recipes all over the internet on how to swap your favorite carb overload snacks with something healthy and delicious! I’m sharing one of my favorites with you today. Let’s get started on making a low-carb air fryer recipe with salt and vinegar zucchini chips!
Don’t have an air fryer? No problem, I share instructions below on how to make them in the oven as well.
Ingredients For Low Carb Air Fryer Recipe
- 3 cups sliced zucchini about 2 medium zucchinis, sliced thin
- A nonstick spray for air fryer basket
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or vinegar of choice)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
Directions For Low Carb Air Fryer Recipe
- Using a mandoline, slice the zucchini into thin chips.
- Place the zucchini chips into a large bowl. Add vinegar and gently stir to make sure all chips are coated in vinegar.
- Spray air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add zucchini chips in a single layer to the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 370 degrees for 9 minutes, flip the chips over, and the air fryer for another 8-9 minutes.
- Once they are done cooking, sprinkle the zucchini chips with salt.
Don’t have an air fryer? Bake them in the oven!
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with a cooling rack. This will allow for even cooking.
- Bake for 2-3 hours depending on how thick your zucchini slices are.
Can’t get enough easy recipes? Neither can I, so you might also want to check out these other favorite recipes of mine:
- Instant Pot Gooey Cheesy Garlic Chicken Pasta
- Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore Freezer Meal
- The BEST Eggplant Teriyaki (Vegan)