These spinach and artichoke puff pastry pinwheels will be the first to disappear at your holiday party. This post is sponsored by La Terra Fina® Dips and Spreads. The holidays are quickly approaching and so is my due date! I’m due with a baby girl Christmas week and it’s unclear at the moment if I’ll be able to make Christmas dinner or not. I sure hope I can, but life could be pretty hectic this Christmas. This is why I’m on the hunt for simple holiday meals and appetizer recipes.
La Terra Fina® Dips and Spreads will be your secret ingredient to easy entertaining and holiday recipes this year. They have so many delicious flavors to choose from like La Terra Fina Everything But The Bagel Dip & Spread, La Terra Fina Sriracha Three Cheese Dip & Spread, and the one I’m using in today’s recipe which is my favorite La Terra Fina Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan Dip & Spread. #ForTheLoveOfFlavor
Ingredients Needed to Make Puff Pastry Pinwheels
- La Terra Fina Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan Dips & Spreads – this is the star of the dish.
- Puff Pastry – flakey buttery pastry to hold the ingredients together.
- Egg Wash – binds the pinwheels and browns them.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – adds a salty nutty flavor.
- Canned Chopped Artichokes – adds a little texture.
- Ground Nutmeg – for an extra kick. Perfect holiday spice.
- Black Pepper – for a little bit of spice.
- Make the egg wash by whisking together the egg and water. Set aside until ready to use.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to flatten the seams. Brush the surface with the egg wash.
- Take the La Terra Fina Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan Dips & Spreads and using a spatula carefully spread about 3/4 of the container on top of the puff pastry. Leave a little bit of space around the edges.
- Sprinkle with chopped artichokes and parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle just a little bit of nutmeg, and a few cracks of black pepper over the surface of the pastry.
- Starting on the short side that’s covered with filling, roll up the pastry like a jellyroll.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment. Slice the roll into ½-3/4 inch slices and place them on the prepared sheets.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the baking sheets into the refrigerator or freezer to let them cool as the oven preheats. I prefer the freezer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they’re golden.These pinwheels are best served warm.
La Terra Fina Dips & Spreads made this the easiest appetizer to make this holiday season. There are so many combinations you can use in all of your holiday cooking. So customizable to fit your holiday party menu. I love that La Terra Fina® Dips and Spreads has committed new products to recycled packaging material sourcing and usage. They continue to source their ingredients as locally as possible and are always looking for new and innovative ways to reduce their footprint.
Looking for more holiday recipes? Give these a try:
- Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Homemade Maple Pecan Granola
- Old Bay Butter Roasted Turkey Breast
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you make this recipe or any of my others, I’d love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below, email me, or you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! We have a foodie community over on Pinterest of more than 2 million monthly viewers. We would love to have you come join us and share in our love of food, family, and recipes!