Try using thinly sliced sweet potatoes instead of tortilla chips for a healthier version of chicken nachos. I made these for my family over the Super Bowl and they were a hit. With ingredients like sweet potatoes, cooked chicken, cheese, jalapenos, olives, and more, they will be the hit of any party.
- Sweet potatoes washed and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Chipotle chili powder
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooked chicken, diced or shredded (go grab a rotisserie chicken and make it easy)
- Jalapeño, sliced
- Black olives (I used a small can)
- Fresh cilantro or parsley
- Avocado, pit removed and diced
- Roma tomatoes, diced
- Radishes, thinly sliced
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and dry 2 large sweet potatoes. Slice into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Place them on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chipotle chili powder.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese, cooked chicken, black olives, and jalapeños. Bake until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with avocado slices, sour cream (or Greek yogurt), radish slices, and diced tomatoes.