Fall is in the air and I’m nesting over here in our house. I’m only 6 weeks away from meeting our little girl and have got the munchies like crazy. I love making a big batch of this maple pecan granola and wanted to share this easy recipe with you.
Packed with a ton of good nutrition. Skip the store-bought granola and make this one at home with pantry staples that I guarantee you already have on hand. This recipe is totally customizable too, feel free to tweak it to your liking.
Once you have the basic formula down, you can customize the granola flavors to your liking. That’s what makes this recipe so versatile. Here is what you need:
- Oats – old fashioned rolled oats work best as the base in the recipe.
- Oil – I prefer vegetable oil, but I have used coconut oil as well.
- Nuts and Seeds – I use pecans in this recipe, but feel free to try almonds, walnuts, or chia seeds.
- All Natural Sweetener – Real Maple Syrup! Trust me on this one. You want real maple syrup.
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Salt – To enhance all of the flavors.
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined.
- Spread the mixture out over ¾ of the sheet pan.
- Add the pecan pieces, remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, and kosher salt to the same bowl and toss to coat. Add the pecans to the remaining ¼ of the sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then stir the pecans and oats together. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the granola is golden brown.
- Remove the granola from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature– at least 30 minutes.
- Break the granola into your desired size and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.
Can you really resist the taste of maple, pecans, and oats? I know that I can’t! It’s so easy to make this homemade maple pecan granola with the kids too for a fun activity to do with them in the kitchen. This recipe is completely customizable so feel free to add chocolate, fruit, nuts, flavors to your liking.
Want to try other recipes? Give these a try:
- Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Old Bay Butter Roasted Turkey Breast
- Bacon Apple Cheddar Panini