My new favorite side dish! This roasted Caesar asparagus is so easy to prepare and you won’t even miss the romaine lettuce in this dish. Serve alongside your favorite protein for an easy weeknight meal. I’ve even included an anchovy-free Caesar dressing below.
- Asparagus – the star of the dish
- Croutons – store-bought or homemade will work
- Parmesan Cheese – both shaved and grated
- Lemons – lots of fresh lemon juice for a kick
- Mayonnaise – the base of the dressing
- Dijon Mustard – for a little zing
- Garlic – love a garlicky dressing
- Black Pepper – freshly cracked
- In a small bowl whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim the asparagus ends and lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Add to the oven and roast for 7-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your asparagus spears.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven, drizzle with the desired amount of Caesar dressing, croutons, shaved Parmesan, and some freshly cracked black pepper. Serve!
- Try Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise in the Caesar dressing recipe.
- There are anchovies in Worcestershire sauce, so if you would like a true “no anchovy” dressing, please omit.
- Want to add anchovy paste to the dressing? Start by adding 1 teaspoon.
- During the summer try grilling the asparagus instead of roasting. Directions: Heat grill to high. Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Grill the asparagus for 5-7 minutes until nice and charred.
Looking for more recipes? Give these a try:
- Spinach and Artichoke Puff Pastry Wheels
- Old Bay Butter Roasted Turkey Breast
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon