Our Parmesan Rhodes Rolls Recipe is the ultimate shortcut to creating elegant dinner rolls that will leave everyone impressed. This recipe takes advantage of the convenience of frozen dinner roll dough, allowing you to effortlessly whip up a batch of fancy rolls fit for any occasion, even during the busiest holiday season.
Prepare to amaze your guests with these delectable rolls, which require minimal effort yet deliver maximum flavor. By incorporating the rich taste of Parmesan cheese, the savory goodness of butter, and the freshness of parsley, these dinner rolls elevate your dining experience without requiring hours of labor in the kitchen.
The beauty of using frozen dinner rolls lies in their ability to transform into a seemingly homemade masterpiece. With this recipe, you can confidently serve these rolls, knowing that nobody will suspect they originated from the freezer aisle. So, get ready to impress your loved ones without breaking a sweat.
How to Make
To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees, ensuring the perfect temperature for baking these rolls. While the oven warms up, allow the frozen dinner roll dough to defrost by letting it sit at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes. This step is crucial to ensure that the dough is pliable and ready to be transformed into beautifully baked rolls.
As the dough defrosts, take a medium-sized bowl and combine the flavors of Parmesan cheese and butter. This delightful mixture will add a rich, savory element to the rolls, elevating their taste to new heights. Blend the two ingredients together until they form a delectable blend of cheesy goodness.
Once the dough has defrosted, it’s time to shape the rolls. Take a portion of the dough and gently stretch it into a strip-like shape. Then, carefully wrap the dough strip into a knot, creating a visually appealing and intricate design. Repeat this process with all the rolls, allowing each one to showcase its own unique knot.
To enhance the flavor and appearance of the rolls, generously brush the prepared Parmesan and butter mixture onto each one. This step ensures that the rolls are infused with the delicious blend of flavors, guaranteeing a delightful bite in every mouthful.
With the rolls expertly coated, transfer them to the preheated oven. Allow them to bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until they develop a beautiful golden-brown color. This baking time allows the rolls to rise and achieve a fluffy texture while also creating a slightly crisp exterior.
Once baked to perfection, remove the rolls from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving. The aroma of freshly baked Parmesan Rhodes Rolls will fill your kitchen, enticing everyone with their irresistible scent. These rolls are the epitome of convenience and taste, impressing your guests while giving the impression that you’ve spent hours perfecting them.
INGREDIENT SWAP: Feel free to swap the parmesan cheese with your family’s favorite at this point. Cheddar cheese is another favorite at my house.
PRO TIP: Use extra butter and or parmesan mix to brush rolls when they are hot out of the oven or to use as butter for the insides of the rolls.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to enhance your experience with making Parmesan Rhodes Rolls:
- Dough Defrosting: To ensure even defrosting, place the frozen dinner roll dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet and separate the rolls slightly. This allows air circulation and helps them thaw more quickly.
- Customize the Cheese: While the recipe calls for Parmesan cheese, feel free to experiment with other varieties such as cheddar, Gruyere, or a combination of your favorite cheeses. This allows you to create unique flavor profiles that suit your taste preferences.
- Fresh Herbs: Instead of parsley, consider using other fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, or basil. These herbs add a vibrant aroma and a burst of freshness to the rolls.
- Brushing Technique: To ensure an even distribution of the butter and cheese mixture, use a pastry brush or a silicone brush to gently coat each roll. This helps to create a beautiful golden color and maximizes flavor absorption.
- Add Seasonings: Enhance the flavor of the rolls by incorporating additional seasonings into the butter and cheese mixture. Garlic powder, onion powder, or a pinch of paprika can provide an extra layer of deliciousness.
- Let Them Rise: For softer and fluffier rolls, allow them to rise for about 15-20 minutes after shaping before brushing with the butter mixture. This step gives the yeast in the dough a chance to activate and create a light and airy texture.
- Serve Warm: These rolls are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven when they are still warm and fragrant. Serve them alongside a meal, and watch as your guests marvel at your culinary prowess.
- Freeze for Later: If you have leftovers, you can freeze the baked rolls in an airtight container for future enjoyment. Simply reheat them in a preheated oven for a few minutes until warm.
Remember, cooking is a creative process, so don’t be afraid to experiment and make adjustments according to your preferences. Enjoy the process and savor the delicious results!
Can I use a different type of cheese instead of Parmesan?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese that suit your taste preferences. Cheddar, Gruyere, or a combination of cheeses can be excellent alternatives.
Can I make the rolls in advance?
Yes, you can make the rolls in advance. Once baked, allow them to cool completely, then store them in an airtight container. When you’re ready to serve, you can reheat them in a preheated oven for a few minutes until warm.
How do I store leftover rolls?
If you have leftover rolls, store them in an airtight container or zip-top bag at room temperature for 1-2 days. For longer storage, you can freeze the rolls in an airtight container for up to a few months. Just make sure to thaw them before reheating.
Can I use homemade dinner roll dough instead of frozen?
Yes, if you have a favorite homemade dinner roll dough recipe, you can certainly use it instead of frozen dough. Just make sure to adjust the preparation steps accordingly, such as allowing the homemade dough to rise before shaping and baking.
Can I add other ingredients to the rolls, such as garlic or spices?
Absolutely! You can personalize the flavor of the rolls by adding garlic powder, onion powder, or other spices to the butter and cheese mixture. Feel free to get creative and experiment with different seasonings to suit your taste preferences.
More Rhodes Roll Recipes:
Have leftover Rhodes frozen rolls in your freezer? Give these tasty recipes a try!
- Rhodes Rolls Recipes Sticky Buns
- Rhodes Rolls Recipes Cinnamon Rolls
- Rhodes Rolls Recipes Monkey Bread
- Rhodes Rolls Pizza
Parmesan Rhodes Rolls Recipe
- 1 bag frozen Rhodes dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven and bring rolls to room temp. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Let dough set out at room temperature until defrosted, about 30 minutes
- Tie the dough into knots. Stretch the dough into a strip, then wrap it into a knot. Repeat with all rolls.
- Blend the parmesan mixture. In a medium-sized bowl, combine parmesan cheese and butter. Brush the butter mixture onto the rolls.
- Bake. Bake for 15 minutes or until rolls start to brown. Brush a little more butter onto the rolls if desired or serve parmesan butter on the side.