This post may contain affiliate links. See our discloure policy.
Indulge in the festive spirit with our Christmas pretzel recipe, a delightful and simple dessert perfect for the holiday season. This pretzel candy is sure to captivate both children and adults alike, boasting a delectable blend of sweetness and saltiness achieved with just three ingredients! Experience the joy of a hassle-free dessert that aligns perfectly with the bustling atmosphere of this time of the year.
Crafted with only three ingredients, these Christmas Pretzel treats offer a quick and delightful culinary experience. Plus, you have the flexibility to personalize them, allowing for a myriad of creative candy variations. Elevate your holiday celebrations with this easy and versatile dessert that promises to be a crowd-pleaser. You might also enjoy our Chocolate Bark recipe.
Table of Contents
How To Make
Preheat the Oven:
Begin by preheating your oven to a gentle 250 degrees, ensuring the perfect temperature for crafting these delightful treats.
Prepare the Baking Surface:
Line a spacious baking sheet with parchment paper or a convenient silicone baking mat. This not only prevents sticking but also facilitates easy cleanup.
Arrange the Pretzels:
Neatly organize the pretzels in rows across the prepared baking sheet. The quantity may vary depending on the size of your chosen pan, providing flexibility for different preferences.
Add the Caramels:
Nestle a single caramel inside each pretzel round, creating a delicious pocket of sweetness waiting to be discovered.
Bake to Soft Perfection:
Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for a short span of 4-5 minutes. The goal is to soften the caramels to a point where they allow for easy insertion of an M&M without turning excessively firm upon rehardening. Exercise caution to avoid overbaking.
Insert the M&M:
As soon as the caramels reach the desired softness, delicately press an M&M into the center of each caramel. This step adds a burst of color and flavor to complement the sweet and salty combination of the pretzels and caramels.
Allow to Cool:
Give your festive creations the time they need to cool. Once cooled, they are ready to be served and enjoyed immediately or stored for later indulgence in an airtight container.
- Use Rolos instead of caramels
- Use a Hershey Kiss
- Use nuts instead of M&M’s
- Top with sea salt
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Quality Ingredients: Use high-quality pretzels, caramels, and M&M candies for the best flavor and texture. Fresh ingredients can make a significant difference in the final result.
- Pretzel Variety: Experiment with different pretzel shapes and sizes. Mini pretzels, twists, or even pretzel sticks can add variety and visual interest to your treats.
- Caramel Options: Try different types of caramels, such as salted caramels or flavored caramels, to add a unique twist to your treats.
- Chocolate Drizzle: After the treats have cooled, consider drizzling melted chocolate (white, dark, or milk chocolate) over the top for an extra layer of decadence.
- Customized Toppings: Get creative with toppings. Crushed nuts, sprinkles, or even a pinch of sea salt can add complexity and texture to your treats.
- Quick Assembly: Have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go before starting the assembly process. This ensures a smooth and efficient workflow.
- Microwave Caramels: If you’re short on time, you can soften the caramels in the microwave before placing them on the pretzels. Use short bursts and check frequently to avoid overheating.
- Color Coordination: Choose M&M colors that align with your holiday theme for a visually appealing presentation. Consider using red and green for Christmas or a mix of pastels for a festive touch.
Bake for 4-5 minutes and monitor closely. The caramels should be soft enough to allow easy insertion of an M&M but be cautious not to overbake, as the caramels can become too hard upon rehardening.
Yes, get creative with toppings! Crushed nuts, sprinkles, or a drizzle of chocolate can add extra flavor and texture to your pretzel treats.
Consider placing the pretzel treats in decorative bags or boxes and tying them with festive ribbons for a thoughtful and delicious holiday gift.
To ensure the longevity and freshness of your Christmas Pretzel treats, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. When storing, it’s a good idea to separate layers with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
More Christmas Recipes
- Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
- Marshmallow Cream Fudge
- Whole Beef Tenderloin
- Make-ahead homemade whipped cream
- Parmesan Rhodes Roll Recipe
Christmas Pretzels Recipe
- 24 ounces round pretzels
- 11 ounces caramels unwrapped
- 18 ounces M&Ms
- Preheat the oven and prep the pan. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Use parchment paper or a silicone cooking mat to line a large baking sheet.
- Prep the pretzels. Line pretzels into rows across the baking sheet, the amount depends on the size pan you use. Place 1 caramel inside the pretzel round.
- Bake then add M&Ms. Bake for 4-5 minutes, or until the caramels are soft enough to push an M&M into it. Don't overbake or the caramels will get very hard after they reharden. As soon as the caramels are melted enough, carefully place one M&M into the center of the caramel.
- Serve. Let cool and they are ready to serve or store in an airtight container.