This post may contain affiliate links. See our discloure policy.
Crispy Green Beans made in an Air Fryer are simple and delicious along with extra flavorful thanks to the addition of dry ranch dressing! This simple recipe results in perfectly cooked green beans that are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a tasty and nutritious side dish that is sure to please everyone at the dinner table.
If you’re a fan of crispy and flavorful veggies, you’re in for a treat. These air-fried green beans are not only a hit with kids, but also a favorite among adults. They’re a tasty side to serve with teriyaki chicken, New Orleans shrimp, or pan-seared salmon.
What You’ll Love About Air Fryer Green Beans
- Quick and effortless: This recipe requires almost no prep and cooks in a flash in the air fryer.
- Healthier option: You can have the crispy goodness of fried green beans without all the excess oil of traditional crispy green beans.
- Addictive flavor: The dry ranch dressing and air fryer green beans is absolutely mouthwatering!
What goes well with green beans?
Green beans are one of my favorite veggie side dishes. They have a fairly neutral flavor, so they can be easily dressed up with seasonings, and they work as a side dish with so many different main courses. Need a few ideas? No problem! Try any of these:
- Meatloaf and mashed potatoes
- Grilled chicken and rice
- Baked salmon and rice pilaf
- Steak and garlic potatoes
- Pork chops
Really want some crispy air fryer green beans but you’re out of Ranch seasoning? You can easily use other seasonings to make delicious air fryer green beans. Here are some ideas:
Simply seasoned – Toss your cleaned green beans with a bit of vegetable oil and salt and pepper. Cook as directed, then top with fresh butter.
Cajun seasoning – For a bold and spicy kick, stir your green beans together with a few tablespoons of cajun seasoning.
Lemon pepper – This goes especially well with chicken or seafood; stir 1-2 tablespoons of lemon pepper with cleaned green beans and air fry as directed. Finish with a sprinkle of salt and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Italian Seasoning – The classic blend of oregano, basil, and thyme works very well with green beans. Just sprinkle it on the beans, stir together, and cook as directed.
With this easy air fryer green bean recipe, you might find you’ll be making these a few times a week! No judgment from me – I know, they’re just that good!
- Fresh green beans – You can use frozen green beans if fresh ones aren’t available.
- Dry ranch dressing – If you don’t have dry ranch dressing mix, you can use other dry seasoning mixes like Italian seasoning, garlic powder, or onion powder to add flavor to the green beans.
How To Make
STEP ONE: Prep the green beans. Wash and trim the green beans. Dry with paper towels. In a mixing bowl, spray the beans with nonstick cooking spray, then add the dry ranch dressing. Stir until coated.
STEP TWO: Preheat the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Once heated, add the green beans to the air fryer basket or tray. Air fry for 10 minutes. Shake the basket or flip the green beans, then continue to air fry for 3-5 minutes or until crispy.
STEP THREE: Serve. Enjoy hot.
Tips and Recipe Notes
- Make sure to thoroughly dry the green beans after washing them to achieve maximum crispiness.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket or tray; allow enough space for the air to circulate and cook the beans evenly.
- Give the basket a shake or flip the green beans halfway through the cooking process to ensure even browning.
- Adjust the cooking time based on your desired level of crispiness. Some prefer them slightly tender, while others like them extra crispy.
Fresh green beans are recommended for this recipe. Using frozen green beans might result in a different texture and cooking time.
You can use either the air fryer basket or tray based on your air fryer model. Both should work fine, but make sure to arrange the green beans in a single layer for even cooking.
fter air frying for 10 minutes, shake the basket or flip the green beans to ensure even cooking. Continue to air fry for an additional 3-5 minutes until the beans are crispy and have reached your desired level of doneness.
Absolutely! You can experiment with different seasonings or sauces to suit your taste. Just make sure that the seasonings are dry to avoid excess moisture in the air fryer.
These green beans make a great side dish for various meals, such as grilled chicken, burgers, or even as a snack. They pair well with a variety of main dishes.
Allow the cooked green beans to cool down to room temperature. This step prevents excess moisture buildup when they’re stored. Once cooled, transfer the green beans to an airtight container. You can also use resealable plastic bags if preferred. For larger batches, consider placing a piece of parchment paper or a paper towel between layers to absorb moisture and keep them crispy.
Label the container with the date of cooking to help keep track of freshness. Place the container in the refrigerator, ensuring the lid or seal is tightly closed to prevent air from entering and moisture from escaping.
When you’re ready to enjoy the leftovers, reheat them using the air fryer for the best results. Preheat the air fryer to a lower temperature (around 350°F) to avoid overcooking. Arrange the green beans in a single layer and reheat for a few minutes until they reach the desired temperature and crispiness.
While reheating can help retain some of the original texture, it’s recommended to consume the stored green beans within a couple of days for the best quality. Avoid freezing these green beans, as freezing and thawing can compromise their crispy texture. Remember, the ultimate enjoyment comes from freshly cooked green beans, so consider cooking only the amount you intend to eat to maintain their delightful crunch.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Chicken Kabobs in Air Fryer
- Buffalo Chicken Wings Air Fryer
- Air Fried Zucchini Chips
- How To Cook Frozen Salmon in Air Fryer
Crispy Green Beans in Air Fryer
- 12 ounces fresh green beans trimmed
- 1 ounce envelope dry ranch dressing
- Prep the green beans. Wash and trim the green beans. Dry with paper towels. In a mixing bowl spray the beans with nonstick cooking spray then add the dry ranch dressing. Stir until coated.
- Preheat the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Once heated add the green beans to the air fryer basket or tray. Air fry for 10 minutes. Shake the basket or flip the green beans then continue to air fry for 3-5 minutes or until crispy.
- Serve. Enjoy hot.