Another day – another salad recipe! I am obsessing over these hearty salads I’ve been making for the family. This honey mustard chicken salad is so simple to make and you can even bake the chicken breasts and the bacon at the same time. Or, if you are looking for an even quicker recipe, you can use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken instead. If you enjoyed my Chicken and Avocado Caprese Salad, this sure will be a hit as well.
Ingredients Needed (Honey Mustard Chicken Salad)
- Chicken breasts – boneless, skinless
- Olive oil – for baking the chicken
- Bacon – because why not?
- Romaine lettuce leaves and arugula
- Grape for cherry tomatoes
- Avocado – for creaminess
- Honey – you can’t have this salad without it!
- Whole grain/stone-ground mustard
- White wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar) – cuts through the sweetness
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper – to season
- Whisk the honey mustard dressing ingredients together to combine. Pour half of the honey mustard dressing into a shallow dish to marinate the chicken breasts for at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours. Take the remaining dressing and refrigerate it until ready to use.
- Bake the chicken and the bacon at the same time! Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and place them on a sheet pan.
- Add the bacon strips to another sheet pan.
- Place them in the oven and bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes, or until an internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, and the bacon for 15-20 minutes.
- When the bacon is crispy, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before crumbling.
- When the chicken is finished, remove it from the oven and slice it into strips. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Prepare the salads: Take serving plates or bowls and add the romaine lettuce and arugula. Add the sliced chicken breasts on top, followed by the crumbled bacon, tomatoes, and avocado slices. Take the remaining dressing and drizzle it on top of the salad.
Looking for more salad recipes? Give these a try:
- Pesto Salmon Salad
- Grilled Blackened Chicken Salad
- Spring Salad with Shaved Asparagus
- Blackened Chicken Salad with Avocado