Giant salads served on a platter are my absolute favorite thing to make! Especially this blackened chicken salad! I feel like if you’re going to make a salad, you better make a good one. I have so many salad recipes on the blog including this Honey Mustard Chicken Salad or my Chicken and Avocado Caprese Salad. Today, I’m sharing my blackened chicken salad with avocado. It’s so good and even easier to make. Let’s get started.
Ingredients Needed (Blackened Chicken Salad with Avocado)
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Blackened seasoning
- Butter lettuce
- Avocados – for creaminess
- Chives – for freshness
- Stone-ground mustard
- Lemon juice
- White wine vinegar (or any vinegar will work)
- Honey – for a touch of sweetness
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Pat the chicken breasts with a paper towel.
- Drizzle olive oil and blackened seasoning on top of the chicken. Rub until all of the chicken is coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 7 minutes on each side depending on thickness. Cook until an internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove to a plate and let rest until ready to slice and serve.
- Make the dressing by whisking together all of the dressing ingredients (except for the olive oil). Gradually add in the olive oil and whisk until smooth. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Make the salad: add the lettuce to a platter, top with sliced chicken, radishes, and avocado slices.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top. Sprinkle with chives.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you can’t find butter lettuce, you can use romaine, gem lettuce, arugula, or spinach.
- I’ve used Dijon mustard instead of stone-ground before in the dressing recipe and it’s just as tasty.
- Try using Old Bay Blackened Seasoning.
- Want a vegan version? Try using a can of chickpeas instead of chicken.