Is there anything better than a large hearty salad? It’s truly one of my favorite things to make for my husband and me. Add all of your salad ingredients to a platter and let everyone serve themselves. Easier clean-up and makes lunch or dinner fun. Today, I’m sharing this recipe for a chicken and avocado Caprese salad with you and I hope it’s a favorite in your house.
Ingredients Needed (Chicken & Avocado Caprese Salad)
- Chicken breasts, or you can use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken
- Olive oil – to coat the chicken
- Paprika, salt, and pepper – to season the chicken
- Balsamic vinegar and brown sugar – for the delicious glaze
- Cherry tomatoes
- Avocado slices – for creaminess
- Fresh mozzarella balls
- Fresh basil leaves (mint would also work as a garnish)
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Bake chicken breasts on a baking sheet for 15-18 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 165F.
- Slice into strips and set aside until ready to serve.
FOR THE BALSAMIC GLAZE:
- Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan on the stove and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently for 8-10 minutes until thickened.
FOR THE SALAD:
- Add tomatoes, avocado, mozzarella balls and fresh basil to a plate or bowl.
- Top with sliced chicken, and then drizzle the salads with the balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
- Replace the chicken with chickpeas for a vegetarian option.
- Try using coconut aminos instead of the balsamic glaze.
- Pesto on top of the chicken is fabulous.
- This recipe works great with leftover or rotisserie chicken.