#Sponsored I’m so excited to share this Loaded Sweet Potato Skins recipe with you in partnership with @farmlandfoods. #FarmlandFoods recently launched the #HonoringTheHeartland Tour to give back to the heartland’s unsung heroes. As part of the tour, Farmland’s food truck set out on a 13-week mission making 2-3 stops per week to provide grab-n-go meals to those working in the agriculture industry, farming communities, and grocery/retail. This recipe includes Farmland’s Hickory Smoked Thick Cut Bacon, where I candied the bacon using brown sugar and black pepper.
Ingredients (Loaded Sweet Potato Skins)
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 strips candied bacon, cooked and diced
- Drizzle of creamy basil sauce
- Chives, chopped for garnish
Directions (Loaded Sweet Potato Skins)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Line a large baking sheet with foil. Wash and dry each sweet potato and set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil over each sweet potato. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Pierce each sweet potato a few times with a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for 40-50 minutes. Once finished cooking, allow to cool before handling.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cool to the touch, scoop out the sweet potato flesh, leaving a layer of sweet potato inside. TIP: save the scooped-out sweet potatoes to make sweet potato mashed potatoes for another day.
- Place the potato skins back on the baking sheet face up, sprinkle the potatoes with cheddar cheese and candied bacon.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with the spicy basil cream sauce and chopped chives.
Ingredients (Easy Candied Bacon)
- ½ pound Farmland’s Hickory Smoked Thick Cut Bacon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Instructions (Easy Candied Bacon)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or add a wire rack to the baking sheet. Arrange the Farmland’s Hickory Smoked Thick Cut Bacon slices on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the bacon with brown sugar and freshly cracked black pepper. Pat the brown sugar into the bacon so it sticks.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Ingredients (Spicy Basil Cream Sauce)
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions (Spicy Basil Cream Sauce)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
Looking for more game day recipes? Give these a try: