It is Thanksgiving week and I know a lot of you probably have some boxes of Stove Top Stuffing, amirite?? Can I admit, that I LOOOVE using Stove Top Stuffing in so many recipes? I think it’s perfect as a bread coating on so many different versatile recipes. This creamy crockpot chicken and stuffing is one of those recipes. It really doesn’t get any easier than this recipe and it’s all made in your crockpot.
I love using the sage Stove Top Stuffing, but you can use whichever flavor you can find at your local grocery store. I know that I have some of the turkey and chicken-flavored ones currently in our pantry. Let’s make Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing! YUMMMO!
First things first! Let’s talk about crockpots! I purchased mine a few years ago from Williams Sonoma and it was a treat to myself. I love my All-Clad slow cooker and I can’t say enough about it. Do you have issues with your crockpot burning? Or getting too hot? I would encourage you to purchase an All-Clad brand, they last forever and sometimes you can find deals out there where they are the same price as cheaper brands.
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 2 box Stovetop Stuffing Mix (sage, chicken, or turkey flavor will work in this recipe)
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS TO MAKE CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND STUFFING!
- Spray your crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season diced chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and ground sage.
- Place chicken in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the dry stuffing mixture over the chicken.
- In a bowl whisk together 2 cans of cream of celery soup, 2 cups of chicken broth, and 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Pour soup mixture on top of dry stuffing.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours (depending on your crockpot settings).
- Serve with fresh rolls, salad, or favorite vegetable.
Don’t have Cream of Celery soup? Swap it out for Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken.
Looking for more yummy CROCKPOT recipes? Try these: