Did you catch my post the other day with Bush’s Baked Beans for The Easiest Chili Recipe ever? Well, I have another one you should try, this is my meatless red lentil chili, which uses my favorite chili beans from Bush’s Baked Beans. It’s so easy to whip up and has a kick to it with using chipotles in adobo sauce.
I was able to come up with this recipe using only pantry staples. As we head into the winter months and cold and flu season, It’s important to me to stockpile my pantry. In that stockpile, I include lots of canned goods, pasta, and grains. This recipe uses red lentils, chicken or vegetable broth, and canned goods like chili beans, diced tomatoes, and chipotles in adobo sauce. Can’t find chipotles in adobo sauce? No problem, this tastes just as good without it. Let’s make some!
- 1 white or yellow onion, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped (take 2 of them out of the can and chop them up)
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can Bush’s Best Mixed Chili Beans (Kidney and Pinto) 15.5oz
- 1 can Bush’s Best Mild Kidney Chili Beans 16oz
- 1 cup red lentils, uncooked
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
Recommended Products to Make This Meatless Red Lentil Chili
- In a dutch oven, add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add diced onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute longer.
- Add chipotles in adobo sauce, chicken or vegetable broth, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can Bush’s Best Mixed Chili Beans (Kidney and Pinto) 15.5oz, and 1 can Bush’s Best Mild Kidney Chili Beans 16oz. Stir until combined.
- Bring to a boil. Once at a boil reduce the heat and add red lentils.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Keep stirring it every few minutes because the lentils will stick to the bottom of your dutch oven.
- Serve with green onions, sour cream, diced red onion, and whatever toppings you like!
Looking for more Soup recipes? Give these a try: