Crockpot Pasta comes together in under 5 minutes and then cooks for 2 hours. This kid-friendly crockpot meal is simple and delicious, a Mexican-inspired zesty pasta dish that even the pickiest of eaters are sure to enjoy.
This recipe is perfect for those hectic nights when the family is pulled in different directions. It’s a top-notch choice that allows you to set it to cook and have it ready to serve as soon as everyone gathers around the table. We’re excited to reveal our time-saving tips for making this meal a breeze!
With just under 10 ingredients, this crockpot pasta recipe is a lifesaver when it comes to preparing a quick and delicious dinner, especially on those busy on-the-go nights. It offers the perfect solution for a satisfying meal without spending too much time in the kitchen.
The star of this recipe is the crockpot, which effortlessly infuses all the flavors together while requiring minimal effort on your part. Simply gather the few essential ingredients, set it and forget it, and let the magic happen. You might also enjoy these crockpot meals: Crockpot Chicken and Rice, Creamy Crockpot Chicken, and Chicken and Stuffing in the Crockpot.
- 2 9.75 cans of chicken
- 24 ounces jar spaghetti sauce
- 24 ounces jar salsa
- 29 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces pasta
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
How To Make
To prepare this delicious crockpot pasta, begin by gathering your ingredients.
Next, add the pasta to your crockpot along with the desired sauce and any protein you choose, such as ground beef, chicken, or sausage. Ensure the sauce is enough to coat the pasta adequately. If you want the sauce to cook all day, you can add it at the beginning of the cooking process. However, if you prefer the pasta to retain its texture and not become too soft, it’s recommended to add the sauce 1.5 hours before serving.
Set your crockpot to the low heat setting and let it work its magic for about 3 to 4 hours. The low and slow cooking method allows the flavors to develop and ensures a perfectly cooked pasta.
When the cooking time is almost complete and you’re ready to serve, gently stir in some shredded cheeses of your choice. The cheese will melt into the pasta, adding a creamy and delightful touch to the dish.
Finally, dish out the crockpot pasta and enjoy it while it’s hot. The combination of tender pasta, flavorful sauce, and melted cheese will surely please your taste buds and provide a satisfying meal for your busy nights.
- Turn the recipe into chicken spaghetti by using spaghetti noodles or spaghetti squash
- Swap ground beef, pork, sausage or turkey for the chicken
- Stir in extra veggies like fresh tomatoes, diced zucchini, roasted broccoli or steamed asparagus before serving
- Try Swiss or provolone in place of the cheddar cheese
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, if you prefer the sauce to cook all day, you can add it at the beginning of the cooking process. However, it is recommended to add the pasta around 1.5 hours before serving to ensure it retains its texture and doesn’t become too soft.
Absolutely! This recipe is highly customizable. You can choose your preferred protein such as ground beef, chicken, sausage, or even plant-based alternatives like tofu or mushrooms for a vegetarian option. Additionally, feel free to add extra vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, or spinach to boost the nutritional value and add more flavors to the dish.
Gently stir in the shredded cheese just before serving. This will allow them to melt into the pasta, creating a creamy and delicious finish.
Yes, the crockpot is designed for slow cooking and can be left unattended. However, it’s always recommended to follow basic kitchen safety guidelines and ensure the crockpot is placed on a stable surface and away from any flammable objects.
How To Store Leftovers
This is a kid-friendly crockpot meal perfect for back-to-school. Your kids will request this one over and over again. Storing the leftovers is an easy way to have this meal ready to serve any time it is requested!
Once completely cooled, store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer. Reheat in the microwave in increments until hot.
- Pack leftovers in a thermos to eat at school the next day
- You can use different gluten-free noodle shapes if you would like
- Make vegetarian by creating this recipe without chicken
More Crockpot Recipes
- Crockpot Santa Fe Chicken
- Crockpot Irish Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Enchilada Crock Pot Meal
- Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- (2) 9.75 ounce cans chicken
- 29 ounces tomato sauce
- 24 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 24 ounces salsa
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Add the ingredient to the slow cooker. Add all the ingredients besides the cheese to the crock pot. Including the chicken, spaghetti sauce, salsa, tomato sauce, broth, garlic, and dry pasta.
- Cook. Cook on low for 3-4 hours. If using gluten-free pasta, cook on low for 1.5-2 hours.
- Add cheese and serve. Gently stir in shredded cheese the serve hot.