Ground turkey is one of my favorites. It’s cheap and cooks in barely any time. It’s always on sale at the grocery stores out here. These turkey meal-prep bowls are spicy but if you don’t want them spicy go ahead and omit the hot sauce and red pepper flakes.
Looking for a delicious and easy meal-prep recipe? Look no further than these spicy turkey meal-prep bowls! They come together in 30 minutes or less, are healthy, and spicy.
What ingredients do I need to make spicy turkey meal-prep bowls?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and stem removed, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds and stem removed, diced
- 1 white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 tablespoons Tabasco or any hot sauce you prefer
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups cooked white rice, for serving
How to make turkey meal-prep bowls
- Cook the rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet pan or Dutch Oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. When hot, add ground turkey. Break apart the meat into small pieces as it cooks. Cook the meat for 7 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add diced bell peppers, onions, garlic powder, red pepper flakes to the skillet. Saute for 7 minutes or until vegetables have softened.
- Add diced tomatoes and chickpeas. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and let it wilt for 2-3 minutes. Let the entire mixture of flavors come together.
How to Meal Prep it: Depending on the size of your containers, you will add ¼-½ cup cooked rice to each container. Add the ground turkey veggie mixture evenly between the containers.
- HOW LONG WILL THIS STORE IN THE REFRIGERATOR?
- This will store in an airtight container for up to three days in the refrigerator.
- CAN I FREEZE THIS?
- Yes! This will freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- CAN I USE GREEN BELL PEPPER?
- Yes! Any color bell pepper will work in this recipe.
- WHAT CAN I USE INSTEAD OF SPINACH?
- Kale works really well in this recipe. Or you may omit the spinach altogether.
Did you love making spicy turkey meal-prep bowls? Check out some of my other favorite recipes:
- Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore
- Joanna Gaines’ Creamy Chicken Poblano Soup
- Instant Pot Cheesy Garlic Chicken Pasta