These Greek Chicken Couscous Bowls are the perfect recipe for meal-prep during those busy weeks. A clinical study showed Mazola® Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit MAZOLA.com. Mazola® Corn Oil is an all-purpose cooking oil that is a heart-healthy* choice for your family. There are so many uses including baking, grilling, sautéing, stir-frying, or mixing up a marinade or dressing.
A survey conducted by OnePoll found that 45% of respondents hope to diversify the types of cuisine they cook. However, it can be challenging to try new types of dishes, especially when you want to choose better-for-you ingredients. That is why it is great to have Mazola® Corn Oil on hand to help make those lighter meals and better food choices.
Ingredients needed to make Greek Chicken Couscous Bowls
- 1 tbsp Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast (or 2 small ones)
- 1 cup cooked couscous
- 1 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 3 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 1 or 2 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Store-bought tzatziki sauce
- Fresh dill
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp fresh or dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
How to Make Greek Chicken Couscous Bowls
- In a bowl, stir together the chicken marinade ingredients. Add the chicken to the marinade and allow it to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of Mazola® Corn Oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and allow to rest 3-5 minutes before slicing.
- Arrange bowls by placing couscous on the bottom and topping with sliced chicken, chickpeas, feta cheese, cucumber slices, tomato halves, salt and pepper to taste, a dollop of store-bought tzatziki sauce, and fresh dill.
Corn oil is cholesterol-free food that contains 14g of total fat per serving. See nutrition information on the product label or at Mazola.com for fat and saturated fat content.
How to make Couscous
- 1 tbsp Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup couscous
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the Mazola® Corn Oil, water, and salt to a boil. Stir in the couscous, cover, and remove from the heat. Let the couscous sit for 5 minutes.
2. Use a fork to fluff the couscous and break up any clumps. Serve with Greek chicken.
*Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tablespoon (16 grams) of Mazola® Corn Oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in Mazola® Corn Oil. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim. To achieve this possible benefit, Mazola® Corn Oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 grams of Mazola® Corn Oil.
**Corn oil is cholesterol-free food that contain 14g of total fat per serving. See nutrition information on product label or at Mazola.com for fat and saturated fat content.